Did you know that you can use Self-Managed Super Funds (SMSF) in purchasing properties? Ben Walker from Inspire Accountants joins us today to share his expertise on SMSFs and how it relates to purchasing and investing in properties. Understand what an SMSF is, know the benefits of having your own SMSF, find out common mistakes people encounter, and familiarize yourself with the dos and don’ts for properties and SMSFs in this episode.
- Ben shares his background on his personal life, property perspective, and professional life.
- Understanding what a self-managed superfund is.
- How much you should have in a self-managed superfund balance.
- Common scenarios with clients when buying properties through their SMSF.
- The pros and cons of having your own SMSF.
- Common mistakes people make regarding their SMSFs.
- The difference between buying existing versus new properties.
- Do’s and Don’ts for properties and SMSFs.